Mongar Hospital was started as a small dispensary in 1955 with 3 staff consisting of a medical officer, a compounder and a vaccinator. The center was below the present Mongar High School football ground. Actually it was the beginning of health service in Mongar Dzongkhag. In spite of limited facilities and manpower, the dispensary provided health services till 1970. In 1972, The Leprosy Mission (TLM), UK took over the dispensary and upgraded it to a 12 bedded leprosy hospital at the present site…… Continue Reading.
VISION & MISSION
Mongar Regional Referral Hospital (MRRH) is the tertiary multi-specialty healthcare institution in eastern Bhutan. It also serves as
Regional Referral Hospital for the eastern region,
District hospital for Mongar Dzongkhag, ……Continue Reading.