Theme: “The future of Antibiotic depends on all of us”
Eastern Regional Referral Hospital, Monger observed World Antibiotic Awareness Week on 23rd November 2019.
World antibiotics awareness week aims to increase awareness of global antibiotic resistance and to encourage best practices among the general public, health workers and policy makers to avoid the further emergence and spread of antibiotic resistance, also to reduce the incidence of infection, to optimize the use of existing antimicrobial medicines and to do Surveillance on both AMR & AMU/AMC.
Change Can’t Wait. Our time with Antibiotics is running out!
We must all fight the threat of antimicrobial resistance;
- Vaccination protects us against infections, reducing the need for antibiotics which helps limit antibiotic resistance.
- Proper hand hygiene prevents infections from spreading, reducing the need for antibiotics which helps limit antibiotic resistance
- Safe sex prevents infections from spreading, reduces the need for antibiotics and helps limit antibiotic resistance.
- Only prescribe & dispense antibiotics when they are needed, according to current guidelines.
- Never share or use leftover antibiotics.
- Optimize patient evaluation.
- Optimize consultation with other clinicians, Pharmacist and other health worker.